Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Sold!

Yes, I have but two comics this week, Annihilation #1 and Secret Six #3. No, I haven't bought either of them yet. Yes, I'll be getting them tomorrow.

That said, just caught an interesting interview over at Newsarama with Keith Giffen, author of Annihilation.

And I quote:

NRAMA: "Can you give us a hint about some obscure characters we might see?"

KG: "We're going to see the Spaceknights before it's over!"

***squeals with delight as if Grant Morrison just announced he was doing the scripts for a new The Prisoner TV series***

OK, so the chances are we won't actually see ROM himself (since Marvel lost the rights), but any SpaceKnight action is better than no SpaceKnight action as far as my 8-year-old inner child is concerned.

And I'd be shocked if there isn't a panel at some point that shows ROM, but he's not actually named as such.

Keith, you just sold 6 issues of Annihilation with that little tidbit. Well done.

5 Comments:

Blogger Brandon Bragg said...

Rom is one of the earliest comics I remember reading. I hope you're right about the unamed cameo.

6:01 PM  
Blogger Spencer Carnage said...

What is it about ROM that gets you fan boys all worked up? All I remembered was some comic with a dude in funky, pinkish purplish armor. Or was it white? And didn't he resurrect the X-men and make it so no one can see them on video? I can't remember. But yeah. ROM? Really? ROM?

7:45 AM  
Blogger Esqaz said...

Dude! ROM was number 2 on my comic book list of my childhood. Having come full circle in the last few years back to comics world, the first thing I did was buy all the ROM comics that Samuari had in stock. Had no idea that Marvel lost the rights to it. Interested to see how they bring Spaceknights in.

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kieth Giffen, I salute you. Thank you for giving us a real War.

7:18 PM  
Blogger thekelvingreen said...

The stupid thing is that it's not as if (a) Kenner or Hasbro or whoever are getting a lot of use out of Rom at the moment, and (b) it can't be that expensive a licence for Marvel to pursue.

3:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home