Thursday, August 10, 2006

Reading Rainbow

One book that changed your life:
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. A lot of people think of this as a "drug book," but to me the overwhelming theme is "if you act like you know more than other people, other people generally let you get away with whatever you want."

One book you've read more than once:
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. I've read it about five times and should probably do it again.

One book you would want on a desert island:
How to Get Off a Desert Island in Three Days Without Even Trying.

One book that made you laugh:
The Onion's Finest Reporting, Volume One. The story about the bear raping the zookeeper written as a "lighter side of the news story" made me laugh so hard I couldn't close my mouth and wound up drooling on myself.

One book that made you cry:
I can honestly say this has never happened to me.

One book you wish you had written:
Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone. I'd be a billionaire.

One book you wish had never been written:
The Bible

One book you are currently reading:
What's the Matter with Kansas?

One book you have been meaning to read:
Catch-22

Tag five people:
Make me.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sara J said...

Aw man, I so should have said Harry Potter!

5:23 PM  
Blogger Steven said...

Somehow that question has morphed from book you wish existed to book you wished you wrote.

And if you want Catch-22, I'll lend you my copy.

6:51 PM  
Blogger Jake said...

Thanks for the offer, but I have my own copy. I bought it in 1996, read the first half of the first chapter and never got back to it.

7:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

~Punches Jake in the face~

Do it!

Tag people!

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home