Tuesday, August 15, 2006

2GBC: One Year Later

My, oh, my.

It's been awhile, hasn't it?

I mean, since we launched 2GBC. In fact, it's been one year exactly.

2GBC was a product of two things: me being a loudmouth, and me being a
writer.

Blogging was, of course, inevitable. And a year later, Randy and I are still writing opinions, mouthing off at people who have jobs I'm jealous of, ensuring we'll never work for Marvel or DC, and providing free spoilers to the masses.

If there's one thing I'd like to take credit for (other than convincing Jake to start up Ye Olde Comick Booke Blogge), it's for rigidly adhering to our stated posting goal of "quasi-daily".

And so, we have no special features here for our little blogoversary --- no clip show, no podcast, no interview --- heck, even our reviews this week will still be late. (I know, I know. Shut up.)

So, instead of all that, I'd just like to say thanks.

Thanks to Dave, Scipio, and Devon, who inspired (for better or for worse) us to make a go of this whole "blogging" thing.

Thanks to Joe Quesada and Dan DiDio, who manage to publish some highly entertaining comics, oftimes despite themselves. (See? I knew I couldn't keep the snark out forever. Oh well.)

Thanks to Mark Millar and Brian Michael Bendis for ... um ... you know.

Thanks to Ragnell and Kalinara for encouraging broader perspectives.

Thanks to Comics Should Be Good for being, um, good.

Thanks to Kelvin, our very first commenter ever.

Thanks to Jeff Grubb, Warren Spector, and Allen Varney for sharing their memories of writing Marvel Super Hero gamebooks.

Thanks to Warren Ellis, Gail Simone, Peter David, Jimmy Palmiotti, Justin Gray, Dan Slott, Ed Brubaker, Joe Casey, Geoff Johns, Dave Gibbons, Paul Dini, Grant Morrison, Kurt Busiek (Hi, Kurt!), Greg Rucka, Keith Giffen, and, um, Gail Simone again, for writing some outstanding comics.

Thanks to Jake and Randy, two of the best friends a guy could ever have. Without them it would just be 1GBC, and "1GBC" just isn't as catchy.

Thanks to my family, whom I love dearly.

Thanks to everyone in the comicsblogoweb --- not just those fine folks over on the sidebar, but those whom I haven't added from sheer laziness (yet) --- I am continually astounded and the number and difference of perspectives you get these days in the 'web. Nice work, everyone!

And finally, thanks to every single person who ever read a post here at Two Guys Buying Comics. If no one was reading, I wouldn't be writing, because I'm a shameless narcissist like that.

Extra-special-super-Kryptonian-irradiated-spider-bite-thanks to anyone who ever commented here (even you, Anonymous) for contributing to the discussion.

So here's to 2GBC:OYL! And here's to another fine year ahead of us!

11 Comments:

Blogger Sara J said...

Woo hoo! Happy Anniversary! You guys rock!

Hey, if it wasn't for you guys, I wouldn't have started blogging at all.

10:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrates on your Anniversary! * gives out Chibi Superman Plushies for all to enjoy* Now all we need now is a Cake ^_^

--Captain Pollo

7:04 PM  
Blogger MD said...

I'll tip one back in your honor. Also, I'll second what sara j said.

Cheers, Guys!

8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crack open that champagne, sirs. A job well done and a delight to read. =)

11:47 PM  
Blogger joncormier said...

No, no, no, thank YOU for the always entertaining reads.

5:34 AM  
Blogger thekelvingreen said...

Was I really the first commenterer? Gosh.

Happy anniversary to my favourite blog written by two/three guys who read comics!

Now it's One Year Later, have you lost your powers?

7:32 AM  
Blogger Devon Sanders said...

Happy anniversary, guys!

Many, many more!

1:37 PM  
Blogger Marc Burkhardt said...

Happy aniversary! Your "Fly on the Wall" interludes are worth stopping by alone, but I always find the reviews on the blog enlightening and informative.

3:25 PM  
Blogger RedheadFangirl said...

Happy blogversary, guys. But you didn't mention the one blogger who went out of their way to get you 2 signed comics AND ship them to Arizona. Oh, well.

7:05 PM  
Blogger Guy LeCharles Gonzalez said...

A belated happy anniversary and congrats. One of the few blogs I'm still checking in on during my break.

Keep up the great work!

2:41 PM  
Blogger Ragnell said...

Happy belated blogiversary, guys! Sorry to take so long to comment!

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home