Monday, February 27, 2006

Buy Pile: March 1

Wow, not the best week upcoming for books. I wanted to try something new- but there really isn't much there.
Well, I'll just go standard this week, and see what catches my eye at my LCBS and cross my fingers I can find some bonus items.

INFINITE CRISIS #5 (OF 7): Does anyone else think that this thing is just dragging on waaay too long? Its dragging, but at least some of the story is good. But I need this thing to end.

JONAH HEX #5 $2.99: Its just good old fashioned story telling.

JSA #83 $2.50: I'm not sure why I keep picking this up. Must be the decent stories and those hellacious, gorgeous Ross covers just kind of draggged me in.

BOOKS OF DOOM #4 (OF 6) $2.99: It'll pick up some steam here quick: I see the machine and the sorcery coming methinks.

MS MARVEL #1 $2.99: I liked the Giant Size. Looking forward to giving this one a-go. Since she WILL be an Avenger at some point, whether the Not Avengers or that other series that is starting.

ULTIMATES 2 #10 $2.99: I am a sucker. I want to see how this one plays out. #9 was so devastating.

RED SONJA #7 $2.99: More. More. More. Swords, sorcery, metal bikini. Does it get any better?

RED SONJA VS THULSA DOOM #2 (OF 4) $3.50: See above entry. I hope that Thulsa Doom gets a little mean in this ish- #1 he was kind of a snooty wimp.

Bailing out: No more New Excalibur: it just wasn't up to caliber. Bad Randy.

New items to try: Chris is going to pick up the new Aquaman, supposedly, even though he thinks he is the absolute dumbest hero invented. Written by the Busiek, who did the good Conan work. I'll borrow his and give it a read. Who knows?

GRIMM FAIRY TALES #4: I may give this one a go, only if my LCBS has a copy. I think I picked up a Wolf/Red Riding Hood story. It was pretty good, but I'm not sure its the same book.

There is always: LOONEY TUNES #136 $2.25-- at least I know I'll bust out laughing.

Any recommendations for trying out a book this week?

Let me know

Later all
Randy

4 Comments:

Blogger Jake said...

Too bad you're facing a down week. I consider it one of the biggest of the year. In fact, I may just post this as a column instead of a comment here...

Word verification: dmbfudler. I'm not sure what it means, but I'm going to start calling people "dumbfudler" when I disagree with their comic buying choices.

8:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

X-Factor is great. I'd very highly recommend that.

11:33 PM  
Blogger Randy said...

I will give that one a go- I have had three recommendations on that book now. Thank ye.

8:44 AM  
Blogger Randy said...

Well, I read Ish 1 of X-Factor. Liked it. Can buy that. Thank you both for the recommendation. And Chris too.

7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home