Monday, July 02, 2007

Random Monday Notes

Happy Monday, everyone! Thanks for the kind thoughts about my kid last week --- happy to report that all is back to normal(ish). Oh, and there's a "spoiler" in here, but A) it's worthless and B) you've probably already seen it anyway.

A few quick notes I got after trolling Newsarama for today, then tomorrow you get 8 facts because no meme goes unpunished around here.

1) My goodness, but Bill Rosemann's edition of "New Joe Fridays" last week at the 'Rama was entertaining. Maybe it's just the fact that I know it's not Quesada talking, but Rosemann seemed engaged, funny, goofy, and informational all at once... you know, pretty much the opposite of what Quesada's been like. Of course, he's fresh at this, and Joey Q's been doing it for a year and a half, so I suppose it was bound to feel different. And it certainly doesn't hurt that Rosemann's editing some of the Marvel titles I look forward to most, so there's that.

2) Yeah, so the big spoiler for Fallen Son: Iron Man this week? There's ... DUN -DUN -DUNNNN! A funeral! For Captain America! You know, the dead guy! I cannot for the life of me figure out why the AP/Marvel are making a big deal out of this, because as far as I know dead people get funerals pretty regularly around here (except in Georgia).

3) Giant-Size Marvel Adventures: Avengers, by Jeff Parker, featuring the Avengers teaming up with the Agents of Atlas. This completely slipped under my radar somehow. I cannot recommend this enough, and Newsarama's got the preview.

4) No, I didn't read Sinestro Corps #1. Can I be honest with y'all? I'm getting... how do you say... a little burned out on all things Oan. Look, I love the concept of the Space Cops With Alien Jewelry, but they're goddamn everywhere these days in DC, and I just... I need a break, okay? A small one. (And yes, I'll still keep buying Green Lantern Corps, because that's a good comic.)

Tomorrow: 8 facts you would have been just fine not knowing about me.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger SallyP said...

Shame about Sinestro Corps. It is simply fantastic. And gorgeous. And it has a Tale of the Sinestro Corps by Dave Gibbons at the back...just like GLC.

8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stay the course with the GL decision. I don't want to be the only one in the Multiverse uninterested in the book...

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home