Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy Birthday, U.S.A.!

Hey, you don't look a day over 230 years old! Hope you like the gift card to Target I picked up at the last minute!

So, instead of looking for some 4th of July-themed cover, I figured I'd take this opportunity to share with you one of my absolute all-time favorite comic covers, one that I found some months ago and fell in love with (and immediately had someone Photoshop the hell out of, so I could make fun of my boss... long story).

Without further ado, the 34,577th piece of evidence for the "Comic book covers were 95 times cooler back in the day" theory (click for larger view):



Jorge Luis Garcia-Lopez? That is one sweeeeeeeeeeet cover, man.

Lighting the Bat-Family on fire and making them human candles tied to a birthday cake that the Joker made for himself and had his own face put on in an act of homicidal hubris?

Genius.

Oh, and, er, happy birthday, America!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home