Tuesday, July 03, 2007

1 Guy's 8 Facts

Right, so having been tagged by both Calvin and Jake, I'm finally getting around to this here meme. Those of you looking for something comics-related should probably come back Wednesday, when I post one of the single best comic covers ever (and yes, you've probably seen it already, but dammit it's awesome).

Anyhoo, the rules:

- Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
- People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
- At the end of the post, I'm supposed to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.

On with the sharing!

1) I have cried during exactly two movies. The first was during Saving Private Ryan, when the old man at the cemetary asks his wife to "Tell me I've lived a good life." The other? I shit you not, Savannah Smiles. The scene where Bootsie and Alvie are taken away by the Feds and Savannah begs them not to leave? Niagara Falls, baby. I am not ashamed by this.

2) I won the National Forensic League's national championship in Impromptu Speaking in 1994.
Go here, download the PDF, scan to page 24 and look for Chris Walker (which was my name back then). Yup, that's pretty much the last time I did anything notable.

(And no, the National Forensic League isn't some bizarre circus with events like Fingerprinting and Bobbing For Carpet Fibers and Pin The Tail On The Dead Hooker... although now that I think about it, there should probably be something like that somewhere.)

3) After counting just now, I have finished exactly 44 stories, 1 play and 1 comic miniseries that have yet to be published anywhere.

4) Just in case you didn't think I was dorky enough yet, I'm almost done writing my first piece of interactive fiction.

5) I once went completely batshit insane, got engaged for all the wrong reasons, left my fiance three months before the wedding, sold my PlayStation for $48, bought a one-way bus ticket to L.A., and tried to kill myself because I preferred death to breaking up with her. No, I'm not particularly proud of this.

(On second thought, we'll make that one count for numbers 5 and 6).

7) I have memorized the complete dialogue, musical cues, and sound effects from the movie Clue.

8) I saw Mike Scott pitch a no-hitter against the Giants in the Astrodome.

Since I'm late on this, I ain't tagging anyone --- but feel free to participate!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

Communism is just a red-herring

7:07 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

I think she meant he threatened, in public, to kill her.

8:35 AM  
Blogger Austin Gorton said...

No, I just have to powder my nose...

12:48 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

But look what happened to the cook!

2:37 PM  
Blogger RedheadFangirl said...

The double negative has led to proof positive!

(also, I just had a friend name her girl Savannah because of that movie. Which I have never seen because I was watching too many horror films I guess)

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home