Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Upcoming Schedule

OK, loyal readers, I've had time to break down the schedule for the next couple of weeks, and here's what's going on:

I have exactly enough time this week to do reviews, and that's about it.

However.

I am devoting all of next week to Trailer Week! That's right, it's hubris at its best.

Inspired by Harvey Jerkwater and brought to fruition by the admittedly half-assed job I did with Iron Man's Frisson of Woo, I promise you the guaranteed-can't-miss 5 best scripts for trailers for superhero movies ever. And here's the gimmick.

I'll take on the ones that get the most votes. That's right, you post the Marvel or DC heroes you want to genuinely see a kickass trailer for, and I'll deliver the scripts for 'em. And I'll cast 'em and everything.

5 days, next week, 5 trailer scripts. I'm taking the top 5 vote getters, so vote early and vote often! You can email me at marlowespade1@aol.com or post comments on this post right here and I'll tabulate the votes on Sunday. It's gimmickry, it's hubris, it's fanboyish...it's comics.

Serious inquiries only, the first fantard that votes for a Youngblood trailer gets the full snark cannon of mockery that 2GBC specializes in. You have been warned.

So those of you interested in what I come up with, vote and stay tuned! Those of you who couldn't care less about what yet another blogger fanboy envisions a trailer as, skip next week.

Agreed? Agreed.

And if any enterprising filmmaker wants to film one of the undoubtedly kickass trailers I write, let me know. Because I'm all about the giving.

In addition to being an arrogant jackass.

Reviews later this week.

8 Comments:

Blogger joncormier said...

I vote Phantom Stranger.

5:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Classic Jim Corrigan Spectre (no goatee', no Hal Jordan, no touchy-feely DeMatteis stuff)

6:34 AM  
Blogger CalvinPitt said...

Darkhawk.

7:58 AM  
Blogger Marc Burkhardt said...

Green Lantern - Hal Jordan version, please. With Star Sapphire and Sinestro somewhere in the mix...

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Silver Surfer. It's such a great visual, but how to get it up there?
Nick Fury would be another good one: start with your basic Bond movie sensibilities, add the production values and visual weirdness of something like the Fifth Element, and a decent lead; then you'd have something there.

1:44 PM  
Blogger Luis K. said...

The Jack Knight Starman. "Real world" enough for a wider audience to relate to -- "Hey, he's dressed like a normal guy, sort of!" -- with enough wondrous superhero madness to rearrange people's minds. Also, if Wildstorm properties count -- Planetary. Bizarre and cool in equal measure. Plenty of potential for jaw-dropping effects shots as well as sharp one-liners in the trailer.

2:36 PM  
Blogger Mister Grimm said...

I want to see a Comet Man script.

3:02 PM  
Blogger RedheadFangirl said...

Barbara Gordon/Batgirl becomes Oracle. Requisite red hair flies across face in a looking over her shoulder scene (before jumping off a building or being jettisoned from something blowing up)
oooh...and my verification has DVD in it!

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home