Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Jake's Buy List

Actually, you can take last week's buy list (plus Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man which I somehow overlooked) and add it to this week's since I never made it to the store. Wednesday was my daughter's fourth birthday and Theresa's dad came to visit from Florida and... you know what? Forget it. I don't need to get worked up again. Let's just say he's gone and that's good.

Conan #27 - I've been meaning to write up a post about the last issue. Since I haven't read the originals, I don't know whether the story we're reading is
true to Howard's tale or if it's been edited by the prince's evil mage.

Ex Machina Special #1 - I'm not really sure why this story couldn't just be a two-issue arc in the regular series. I'm assuming because they know idiots like me will buy it.

Justice #5 - Pretty art. The story... um... who can remember? I'm not really paying much attention until I have all 12 issues and can read them in one sitting.

Goon #17 - Always nice to see this around, but much like Justice, I have to spend the first five or six pages remembering what happened oh-so-long-ago. I'm a member of the first generation to have cable TV in our homes and a graduate of American public schools. You can't expect me to remember what I had for dinner last night, much less a comic book from six weeks ago.

Daredevil #84I sure hope Brubaker keeps up the high quality. After seeing Bendis's epic reign end in a prolonged whimper, I find myself reading every issue wondering when the house of cards will collapse again.

Fury: Peacemaker #3 - When playing seven card stud, it's said if you don't fold on the fifth card, you've bought your way in for the seventh. By the time you reach the fifth card, you either have a hand worth playing or you don't. This issue is the comic book equivalent. The decision has to be made whether this series is worth reading all the way to the end or if it's time to cut your losses.

Squadron Supreme #2 - Gary Frank's attached. I sure hope this goes somewhere. I really fear the switch from MAX to "family friendly" is going to take some of the edge off the story, which is not good.

Wolverine Origins #1 - Steve Dillon's attached. I'll buy it, but I don't know for how long.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Ex Machina Special #1 - I'm not really sure why this story couldn't just be a two-issue arc in the regular series. I'm assuming because they know idiots like me will buy it."

The really weird thing is the special is replacing the series for two months. I kind of think it's something they did so BKV and Tony Harris could go the entire run of Ex Machina as the only writer and artist on the series, becuase I'm fairly certain Harris isn't doing the specials. I'm just glad the third trade came out last week so I can finally stop holding out on reading 17-19.

6:59 PM  
Blogger Jake said...

Chris Sprouse (I think) is doing the specials, so that does make sense... kind of.

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home