Tuesday, April 11, 2006

First Comic, First Comic, hmmmmm...

So, way back when, on a dark and stormy night...nah, not there.

However, WAAAay back when, I remember 4 comics distinctly. I just don't recall which one was my "first" comic.

I will only mention two of them, because, well, they didn't have covers. Blasphemy!!! Who cared, I was 7 years old, or around there.

One of which was a Fantastic Four. I just remember them in Latveria fighting a bunch and bunch of doombots. Yes Chris-- DOOMBOTS. Way back when even.I don't recall the number, but it was around the 170-190 range-ish. (??)
The other was a Detective comics, from around the same era. It was Detective Comics, not Batman. I remember that, because I was confused that it was Batman, but not a Batman comic. It had him on a cargo vessel. With dudes like Omega or something. I think they were all dressed in purple, and were faceless. That's all I can remember.

However, there are two comics which will duke it out for first. One I remember having, the other I remembering reading all the time, and having it right around the same time as the first. All. The. Time. And I'm not sure why. Probably because it was a comic.

So, for the one that may have been first:



A Fantastic Four Book. Lookee there. A big fight. I remember that. It was cool just for that.

But this is the book that I may have first received that I recall fairly well, and I would read it constantly.
Another Fantastic Four book. Sheesh!! But because it had so many different baddies, and was reflective, it was weird, but I kinda liked the non-action in it. Way back in the weird Agatha Harkness days. (I had one of those too with her, a floating house, and a bunch of gargoyles. That was ish 185.)

And to think, today, there is no love for the FF from me. They are not feeling the love. Oh well. I guess that was for back then. Well, JMS did put Thor's hammer in the new one, so I HAD to get that.

3 Comments:

Blogger CalvinPitt said...

Hmm, did that first comic have Thor in it?

Because when the Destroyer showed up, it seem slike Thor had to be around, seeing as Big D was Asgardian.

That might explain why you don't buy much Fantastic Four: Not enough Thor guest appearances.

5:13 PM  
Blogger Randy said...

I don't recall if Thor was in that or not. I don't...think so... but was soooooo long ago.

10:37 AM  
Blogger thekelvingreen said...

Thor and Iron Man are always turning up in FF. It's like there's some clause in the Avengers charter somewhere that says the only members of the team allowed to help the Four out are Tony and Thor.

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home