Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Short Week, Short Reviews

FALLEN ANGEL #4
I overlooked this on Diamond's list when I was writing my buy list earlier, which made for a pleasant surprise as this is easily the book of the week. Lee's flashbacks to her days as a guardian angel just get more and more twisted, Malachi's role becomes more clearly defined, and Lee debates whether she should kill her son to save him from his destiny in Bete Noire.
Rating: 72 out of 78

INVINCIBLE #30

A few weeks ago, when Chris was asking what would make Superman more interesting, I made the point that the book should be more about Clark Kent than about Superman. This title is the perfect example of what I'm getting at. Last issue, I was raving about the awesomeness of the ultraviolent superpowered battle. This issue deals with Mark returning to Earth and the ramifications of his being gone for two months. The sprinkling of superpowers in a book more about a guy who is the most powerful man on the planet, the responsibilities inherent in that job, and balancing the needs of the world and the needs of his psychologically fragile mother and worrysome girlfriend.
Rating: 72 out of 82

WALKING DEAD #27

Two issues ago I was wondering who they'd find if they followed the helicopter. Finally, we meet some other survivors and things look like they're going well until (Walking Dead readers, say it with me) the last page.
Rating: 72 out of 85

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #92

If Bendis really wants to write Ultimate X-Men, why isn't he?
Rating: 72 out of 150

4 Comments:

Blogger Randy said...

Please, please let BMB go write Ultimate Xmen. I am wholeheartedly behind that effort.

But only if he stops writing Avengers.

That way he can go trash another group of heroes.

7:54 AM  
Blogger thekelvingreen said...

Ha! I've only just worked out your scoring system (to be honest, I pay more attention to the words). Very cleverly done. I really like it.

"OOARXX!" the sound Fin Fang Foom mkes when he gets up in the morning.

5:41 PM  
Blogger thekelvingreen said...

And isn't Invincible coming out quickly nowadays? It feels like just last week that #29 was out. TWD too.

5:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whenever Invincible or TWD come out quickly after the previous issue, Kirkman says it's because they're catching up to the schedule. Then they inevitably lag behind again. So why don't they just put the new one out 4 weeks later instead of 2 or 3 so they have the lead time that they won't fall behind again?

And keep BMB off of UXM. I love me as much Kirkman as I can get. Besides, last time Bendis was on UXM he sucked royally. He brought in a bunch of new mutants and then killed off Beast because there were too many. Genius.

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home