Thursday, February 02, 2006

Moon Knight Returns...Hopefully

I finally get more than three hours of sleep. So it was a good day here. And apparently its going to be a great day. Why? On top of 7+ hours of sleep, I decided to peruse random comic sites for news, articles, opinions, etc. And lo and behold, what do I see, but an ongoing Moon Knight Series instead of the mini. If this holds true, this will be the most excited I have ever been about a new series starting.



I like David Finch. I think he does some great covers, and even though the Not Avengers may not be a great read, it at least looks good. Wow, much like ASSBAR. By the way, ASSBAR is my short for All Star Suck Batman And Robin. That book is a terrible, terrible read, but Jim Lee still makes it look pretty. I’ve seen some of his other covers and man they look nice. I browsed some of his sketches and I even liked those.

As for David Huston, I have honestly never read any of his books. I hear a lot of hype, but its only hype. I will judge it when I see it.

As long as I see tones of MKV1, and NOT V2 or V3, I will be quite pleased. If there are shades of V3, eh, I’ll survive. But V1- Morpheus and Bushman are the villain types that I really love to see. Keep the super villains out of it, and in some reviews I have read with Huston he plans to do just that. The Stain Glass Scarlet is one of my favorite anti-heroes that I have read. But, enough of “who I wish to see”- I’ll probably like whoever Huston throws in there.

Anyways, I’ll stop now. I will do much more rambling on Moon Knight whence I return from India. I so want to invade the comic box for my back issues right now. Sigh.

Here’s to hoping it holds true and in April the ongoing series launches.

2 Comments:

Blogger Spencer Carnage said...

Wizard had a 5 page preview that was pretty damn good, but like most new things coming out, I'll just have to wait for the trade.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

"Charlie" Huston, by the way.

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home