Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Death, Taxes, and Crossovers

Ha! Ha! See what I did there? I referenced the three things I'm posting about here, just a quick thought since I stayed home today to do battle with the IRS while caught in the throes of the Sumatran Death Flu.

Anyway, I was reading some blogs around DC's upcoming Final Crisis and wondering: has it gotten to the point where the only reason to read a comics event is to find out who dies? Seriously --- that seems to be the only question at this point.

Well, that and whether Grant Morrison's going to turn the DCU into a sentient amoeba. My money says yes.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't it's quite fair to blame Morrison for the ills of the company. Let us remember that he was one of the four that revived DC in the eighties. I'm not saying that everything he writes is gold, but I'd much rather have him around than away from the industry.
Look, I'm not pleased with what's going on in the industry, but more of the finger-pointing needs to be done toward the fans who laps a lot of this crap up. Why do you think Quesada is always smiling?

9:21 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

WM: Oh, believe me, I'm not blaming Morrison for what ails DC --- he's actually one of my favorite writers over there. I'm just not sure his particular brand of goofiness and surrealism is necessarily good as a blueprint for the whole DC Universe.

My query stems from wondering why all the DC events inevitably boil down to "who dies this time"? I actually place the blame for DC's ills squarely on the shoulders of Mr. DiDio. And, as you pointed out, the fans. At this point, you couldn't get me to touch a Big DC Event with an eleven-foot pole.

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home