Friday, September 14, 2007

3 Items Of Note

1) While I wasn't looking, 2GBC turned 2 years old! Granted, probably a fourth or so of that timespan didn't have any actual, you know, posts, but hey; we'll take milestones where we can get 'em.

2) Didn't finish up reviews catch-up today because I'm actually reading comics that came out this week, and we'll review those on Monday instead. (And hoo boy, was Thor #3 satisfying or what?)

3) Non-comics related note: I dare anyone to watch Burn Notice on USA and not be hooked. It's funny, smart, sexy, and brilliantly acted. It's also, incidentally, the best modern-day take on Philip Marlowe I've seen in a long time; the setting and circumstances are different, but at his core, Michael Westen is Philip Marlowe in Miami. Great, great TV, and I'm glad I let my friends talk me into giving it a shot.

Have a great weekend!

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

I'm with you on Burn Notice. I watched itfrom the beginning because of Bruce Campbell, but stayed for the excellent series it turned out to be.

1:20 PM  
Blogger CalvinPitt said...

I completely agree on Burn Notice. USA wasn't making me very happy those two weeks they dared to show tennis instead of Burn Notice. I had planned brutal retribution upon them, but then the U.S. Open ended and all was well.

2:08 PM  
Blogger Jason said...

Congrats on the Anniversary too, by the way.

6:22 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Glad I am not the only one diggin Burn Notice.

9:30 PM  
Blogger Baal said...

And for the opposing viewpoint: I deleted Burn Notice from the DVR midway through the first episode and stopped the recording of any future ones. The charm was lost on me. Too much suspension of disbelief for me.

1:27 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Jason, Calvin, and Nick: It's definitely one of those pleasant surprises that turned out to be much better than it has any right to be!

Baal: I think you'd find that the show gets much, much better after the initial one or two eps, as it settles into its skin. Thanks for checking in!

7:54 AM  
Anonymous Eduardo said...

Your website has good details for those who come to read and receive information that is true, allowing us to come sbobet ผลบอลสด here continuously and have the pleasure to come in.

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home