Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Hump Day Buy List

Hump Day means one thing, and one thing only. New comic day. What other use is there for a Wednesday? Ok, ok, its that much closer to NFL weekend, but other than that it serves no purpose. I think its kind of a filler day. And here is what I'm looking forward to purchasing tomorrow:

Day of Vengeance- #6 of 6. I want to see how this turns out, even though I see Spectre all over the place one this one finishes.

JSA Classified #3- I might as well see how this plays out, even though issue 2 sucked.

Manhunter #14- This isn't a bad series. Little more human hero. I mean, its not Greatest American Hero, but what the heck, its still a decent little book.

Seven Soldiers Mister Miracle #1- its not Scott Free, so its gunna have to really knock my socks off. Its ok- they'll be dirty by then.

Supergirl #2- The first one wasn't too shabby. And I hope the BoyToy gets his ass handed to him by GirlToy.

New Avengers #10(?)- I have always liked the Avengers. And I can't WAIT for the this damn Sentry story arc to finish. Move on please.

Ultimate FF #22(?)- I took a chance on this book, once again because I was getting so few books one week. It has stayed on the buy list. I like it. And I never really cared for the FF.

Ultimate FF Annual #1- I think I'm addicted.

Wraithborn #1- I'm not sure if I will pick this up or not. I'll see if I'm feeling whimsical or in a hurry to get home and pore over new books. And yes, picking up one book would hinder my poring time.
Shut up Chris, I can use the phrase "poring-time".
Reviews on these later folks. Have a good one. Randy

4 Comments:

Blogger thekelvingreen said...

"Hump Day"? Is this some Americanism I don't understand, or is Wednesday the only day of the week the missus will let you touch her?

I think it's the twenty third issue of UFF this week, not the twenty second. And this story arc is getting a spin-off series of its own, apparently. Robert Kirkman's writing it, a superhero zombie series set on Earth-615.

A zombie book written by Kirkman? House of Ideas, or House of Borrowed Ideas?

11:42 AM  
Blogger Randy said...

Alas, it is only the nickname for Wednesday.

8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

KG, if you imagine the workweek as a hill to begin traversing on Monday and ended on Friday, then Wednesday would be the midpoint and at the end of Wednesday, you could say you are "over the hump."

Hence, the cliche "Humpday."

Now please explain who Bob is, why he's my uncle, and what that's supposed to even mean!

12:49 AM  
Blogger thekelvingreen said...

Ah therein lies a mystery only understood by the most esoteric of mystics.

Alternatively, I don't know. But Bob's yer uncle!

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home