Thursday, November 08, 2007

Random Thoughts On My Comics This Week (And Last)

Short and sweet, with spoilers, natch.

1) Annihilation: Conquest got things off to a good start, I thought, although my storytelling sensors flash WARNING! any time Adam Warlock is involved. A stage-setting issue that did its job, and had me reeled in with the last-page reveal of an old-school Avengers villain that sealed the deal.

2) Iron Man: Enter the Mandarin continues to delight both in art and story, with the Crimson Dynamo getting some face time and the Mandarin setting his plans for conquest in motion. As we've said here before, the real treat is Eric Canete's dynamic, breezy art that makes each page a joy.

3) Over in 616 Iron Man, two things happen that make me happy: first, Tony gets his Stupid New Powers blocked, which is definitely a step in the right direction. Second, he's been ordered away from S.H.I.E.L.D and it'll be fun to see him go decidedly low-tech as he hunts for Gadget's killer. Also, more Mandarin, which is delightful.

4) Crime Bible: Five Lessons Of Blood was interesting and a bit shocking, and a nice intro to the new Question for those (like me) who ignored 52, Countdown, etc. I think I'll be staying with this 5-issue mini.

5) Special Mention for the most recent issue of Moon Knight, which was a satisfying conclusion to Huston's muddled, grotesque run that lost its way somewhere around issue 3. Beautiful, beautiful art as well.

6) Are we ever getting another issue of Fell, or is that done?

More later!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fell, Newuniversal, and another series I can't quite... oh yeah freakin' Planetary! Ellis seems to take a perverse enjoyment leaving his stories unfinished.

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home