Tuesday, November 07, 2006

A Public Service Announcement From 2GBC

Here in the U.S. of A., it's voting day.

2GBC would like to remind our readers that live here that unless you've a really compelling reason on the order of, say, "Aliens have kidnapped me and I am stranded on a planet of robot pirate monkey ninjas", then dammit, vote.

(Side note: Are "Robot Pirate Monkey Ninjas" the perfect storm of comic villain archetypes? Is such a discussion even possible without dinosaurs, Nazis, bees, sharks, or Joe Quesada? Discuss.)

Seriously. It takes, like, an hour or two at most.

As if you needed more convincing, check out this George Tuska cover (click for larger view):



I think the meaning is clear: Uncle Sam? Will Mess. You. Up.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well joe quesada commands a Nazi made entirely of bees in the villian Swarm.

So as tough as the Nazi's were their strongest still fell under the thumb of Quesada.

9:16 AM  
Blogger SallyP said...

I did do my civic duty and vote. Unfortunately there were no nazi-dinosaurs-robot-monkey-sharks on the ballot. And the march of democracy continues.

9:16 AM  
Blogger joncormier said...

Damn Uncle Sam really doesn't like planes too much does he?

I'm Canadian, I can't vote today. Sorry. We already have a monkey robot alien for Prime Minister holding the nation in utter disbelief.

1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apropos of the side note, you should check out Monkey, Ninja, Pirate, Robot.

7:40 PM  
Blogger Sara J said...

You should be proud of me... I wrecked my car *after* I voted.

Now I am bruised and carless, but I voted.

11:20 AM  
Blogger Jacob T. Levy said...

The vampire Nazi gorilla from "Morality and Architecture" (the Dr 13 backup) is pretty hard to beat.

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home