Wednesday, March 28, 2007

It's Like She Wrote It Just For Me.

Ahem.

Randy let me read his copy of last week's Birds of Prey.

If you haven't read this comic, here's what it contained:

1) The Secret Six.
2) Giffen/DeMatteis Justice League character(s).
3) Hawkgirl getting paid in the universal currency of "sportscar" to take out the Six.
4) Catman licking the Huntress while dancing with her.
5) Secret agent-y spy goodness in the form of a rather James Bond-ian plot
6) Oh yeah, the Birds of Prey.
7) Witty banter, good art and great characterization.

I'm not saying that the comic was written especially for me.

But it sure felt like it.

I decided right then and there that I needed more BoP in my life, so I e-mailed my LCS to add it to the pull list.

When I buy my one comic on my list today (Godland), I'm also picking up last week's BoP.

Gail Simone totally rocks, and that's just the way it is.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

Gail Simone totally rocks, and that's just the way it is.

Well...DUH!, lol.

2:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I actually don't normally like Simone's work, but I have heard so many great things about this book I think I may need to pick it up when I'm at my LCS tomorrow.

6:06 PM  
Blogger thekelvingreen said...

Gail Simone is about the only good writer DC have now; even their good ones (Morrison!) have gone strangely lacklustre. Anyway, I've heard that while BoP in its current incarnation is as good as the last (the Huntress/Canary/BarbaraGordon run, also by Simone), there's a lack of focus, as if there's no reason for this team to be together other than that they're female. So I'd be interested to see if you think that's the case also.

3:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home